P/T Resettlement Team Manager
Location: HMP Eastwood Park Gloucester (main location) limited travel to HMP Styal and Wales office expected
Salary: £28,449.90 - £29,330.38 - £30237.50 pro rata* Contract Type: Permanent subject to funding
Closing Date: 16 January 2017 Interview Date: 24th & 25th January 2017
Hours: 1 x Part-time post 29 hours week with some flexibility around hours possible to fit around prison schedules
About Safer Wales:
We believe that everyone has the right to be safe and not live in fear because of attitudes or actions taken by other people. Safer Wales is an independent charity based in Cardiff. We sometimes work with (but are not part of) the public sector (i.e. the council; the police; the courts; the health service; the fire service; The Welsh Assembly Government) to get the best service for you.
What we do:
We work to help people feel safer in their daily lives. This might be through providing you with support or a service that you need or it might be about carrying out work to change attitudes of other people to accept others regardless of difference.
P/T Resettlement Team Manager
To deliver an integrated resettlement service within HMP Eastwood Park and HMP Styal to include women returning to Wales.
To manage the Safer Wales Resettlement Team. Working in partnership with local Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) to support the co-ordination of gender-informed resettlement services to women. Duties will vary and range from ensuring all custodial offenders have a resettlement plan both on arrival and at least 12 weeks prior to their release and partake in the delivery of group work.
Safer Wales Resettlement Service Job Description
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Safer Wales Senior Managers to ensure the strategic development of the Safer Wales Resettlement Service
• Operational responsibility for the Safer Wales Resettlement team in the delivery of all functions in the offender journey in line with the contract specification and targets
• To ensure a full, timely, comprehensive resettlement service to women in HMP Eastwood Park (and women returning to Wales from HMP Styal) including, but not limited to:
o Completion of resettlement plans
o Delivery of gender-informed modular course for women during the last 12 weeks of their sentence
o Completion of pre-release planning for women at HMP Eastwood Park
o Referral to appropriate services that respond to identified needs
• To manage and maintain systems which inform the provision of a full, comprehensive resettlement service to women in HMP Eastwood Park and the further development of the Safer Wales Resettlement Service
• To ensure delivery and coordination of resettlement plan interventions across all pathways for service users in co-operation with prison staff, Responsible Officers and other providers
• To provide support with complex cases and take on complex casework where necessary
• To ensure the service is professional, impartial, pragmatic and focused on getting the best outcomes possible for women in HMP Eastwood Park and women returning to Wales from HMP Styal
• To provide line management, including casework support, supervision and coaching, to the Safer Wales Resettlement Team and specifically the Resettlement Officers
• To continuously develop and improve key delivery areas: training, assessment, mentoring
• Negotiate and work collaboratively with departments and agencies within the prison, supporting constructive working and contributing where required to prison inspections and self-assessment reports
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with CRC staff and in particular the Responsible Officers who will be responsible for supervising and managing the offenders in the community
• To fully co-operate with prison security requirements in HMP Eastwood Park
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with a range of key agencies, housing providers, mental health teams, drug and alcohol teams, education providers and other specialist services across the region
• To attend meetings including relevant prison service meetings
• To take responsibility for ensuring accurate, appropriate records are maintained and coordinate reports in line with internal, external and strategic performance requirements. Supporting the Safer Wales Resettlement Team to report quantitative and qualitative outcomes. To record data on electronic data systems such as OASYS, N-DELIUS etc
• To contribute to the implementation of Safer Wales policies and procedures
Job Specification (use this to answer the question, address each point separately )
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1. Demonstrable knowledge and considerable experience of supporting women who are involved with criminal justice services and the issues that impact upon their lives.
2. Experience of advocacy on behalf of clients to other agencies and authorities.
3. Experience of working in a criminal justice system setting is desirable.
4. Experience of supporting individuals in identifying needs and risks. In particular use of assessment to inform individual plans.
5. Experience of using a range of IT tools to carry out your work, including case management systems, Microsoft Office applications, internet and email etc. The ability to type is essential.
6. Experience of managing and leading teams.
7. Works Proactively: Demonstrates initiative, thinks ahead and takes prompt action to solve problems; completes tasks, overcomes obstacles and seizes opportunities.
8. Applies & Shares Expert Knowledge:Demonstrates the specialist knowledge and technical requirements of the job. Applies skills and experience to perform the job effectively.
9. Client & Customer Focused: Focuses on and understands the needs of internal and external clients and other stakeholders and strives to deliver a prompt, effective and personalised service.
10. Works Collaboratively with Others.
11. Leads Change & Improves Performance.
12.Influences Others & Communicates Effectively.
13. Values & respects others.
This role is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1. – Open to female applicants only.
Successful candidates will be required to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and successfully complete HMP vetting processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a CV along with your answer to the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q1. What are your main strengths in applying for this post? Ensure that you have read the main duties and person specification on the job description and describe how you meet the requirements essential to this post. You should address each point as this will be used to score your application .